While in Kenya, we stayed at the Mara Plains camp in the greater Maasai Mara ecosystem. Being here was the highlight of our fantastic trip. The camp itself is amazing with incredibly well-engineered, attractive and comfortable tents. Our wildlife drives were naturally excellent. Dinners each evening under the stars were sublime, including one evening with a campfire roaring at the edge of the Maasai Mara. I had no proper astrophotography gear — neither my preferred lens, camera or tripod — to make this photograph, so I jury-rigged what I could to make a panorama. The stars are not well-blended but you get the idea — this was a wonderful place to sit by the fire and enjoy an African evening.
- Under the African Night Sky
- Lunar Eclipse Sequence, Juniper and Standing Rock, Joshua Tree NP, April 2014.
- Light Painting Delicate Arch under the Milky Way, Arches National Park, Utah
- The Eyes of Utah – Natural Arches and the Milky Way
- Lunar Eclipse Sequence over Arch Rock, Blood Red Moon, April 14 2014
- Lunar Eclipse Blood Red Moon Sequence over Joshua Tree National Park
- Tips for Photographing the Blood Red Moon during a Total Lunar Eclipse
- Venus and Milky Way at Astronomical Twilight, Arch Rock, Joshua Tree National Park
- Full Moon Rising over the San Diego City Skyline
- Landscape Arch and Milky Way at Night, Arches National Park, Utah