I have spent many evenings photographing the landscape and night sky at Joshua Tree National Park. The terrain is harsh and there are few trees other than Yucca and Joshua Tree. I did find one attractive live oak nestled up against some tall boulders, and made a point of photographing it when the Milky Way galaxy was high in the sky above it. This four image panorama, shot with the Nikon D800 and Nikon 14-24 f/2.8 lens, will print up to 100″ wide and 60″ and would make a great wall mural in your home or office! Cheers and thanks for looking.
- Under the African Night Sky
- Lunar Eclipse Sequence, Juniper and Standing Rock, Joshua Tree NP, April 2014.
- Light Painting Delicate Arch under the Milky Way, Arches National Park, Utah
- The Eyes of Utah – Natural Arches and the Milky Way
- Lunar Eclipse Sequence over Arch Rock, Blood Red Moon, April 14 2014
- Lunar Eclipse Blood Red Moon Sequence over Joshua Tree National Park
- Tips for Photographing the Blood Red Moon during a Total Lunar Eclipse
- Venus and Milky Way at Astronomical Twilight, Arch Rock, Joshua Tree National Park
- Full Moon Rising over the San Diego City Skyline
- Landscape Arch and Milky Way at Night, Arches National Park, Utah